Date last modified: November 29, 2011
Information We Collect.
When you use our Website, we may receive and collect certain information. The information that we may receive
and collect depends on what you do when you visit our Website.
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit our Website. This information may include some or all of the following items: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; the type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site, the length of your stay and the specific pages, images, video or forms that you access while visiting the site; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website, and if applicable, the search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases that you entered into the search engine to find this site; and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer and the language(s) used by it. We use this information to monitor the usage of our Website, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on our Website. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors' usage patterns and other aggregated data.
Information Collected via Cookies.
"Cookies" are small files or records that are placed on your computer's hard drive to distinguish you from other
about your activities while using our Website.
A cookie may enable the website owner to track how a visitor navigates through its website and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the website visited just before and just after a visit to our Website.
Cookies can be set to expire: (1) on a specified date; (2) after a specific period of time; (3) when a transaction has been completed; or (4) when a user turns off his/her Internet browser. A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor's Internet browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called "persistent" cookies.
- Information You May Actively Submit Through Our Website. For most of the browsing on our Website, we neither require nor collect "User Information." User Information is information that could personally identify you, for example, your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. You can browse our Website and take as much time as you want to review our services without having to submit such User Information. In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit User Information when: (1) you want to contact us via electronic means or website submission; (2) you utilize online ordering; (3) you enter a contest or sweepstakes; or (4) you join our customer loyalty programs and/or email lists. E-mail or other forms of electronic communication, including website submission, are not secure and/or confidential means of communication.
- Security. We strive to maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure that the Information (as defined below) you share with use is handled in a safe, secure and responsible manner. We have security measures to help protect against loss, unauthorized access and alteration of the information in our control. We will only disclose such Information to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Policy. Our databases are protected by physical, technical, and procedural measures that restrict access to authorized person in accordance with this Policy. Although no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and we cannot ensure against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Our information systems are maintained behind a firewall to isolate them from access by other networks connected to the Internet, and access to Information is granted only to employees who need the information to perform a specific job.
- Personal Information About Children. Our Website is targeted primarily for use by adults. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect age identifying information, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 years. However, we hereby advise all visitors to our site under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any personally identifiable information on our Website. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to us, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm for more information about this Act), we will delete the child's personally identifiable information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
- E-Mail Communications. When you send an email to us, or provide your email address to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communication from us electronically. We may retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response in order to service your needs. We may use the data that you provide to send you email or correspondence via other means.
How We Use and Share User Information and Customer Information.
Our view on using User Information and Customer Information is simple. We do not rent or sell your User Information
and Customer Information (collectively, “Information”). We may use your Information that you actively submit to better
assist you when you visit or call us again and to send you special offers that may be of interest to you. We do this
by general marketing communications for our services, including by regular mail and e-mail, (collectively, "Marketing
Communications"). Unless you "opt-out" through opportunities available to you through our Marketing Communications, we
may send you Marketing Communications. You may also “opt-out” of future Marketing Communications by following the
only under the limited circumstances stated below:
- Information is subject to disclosure in response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, as otherwise required by applicable law, or in response to requests by law enforcement;
- Information may be disclosed to carefully selected third-party service providers in order to provide services to you, such as to complete orders (U.S. Postal Service, Canada Post, or other delivery companies we or you select); provide customer service; send or email Marketing Communications; maintain our customer loyalty program and database and other programs; monitor the activity of our Website; conduct surveys; and administer contests or sweepstakes. We will share your Information with our carefully selected third-party services providers on a confidential basis. These service providers are prohibited from using your Information for any purpose other than providing our services.
- Information may be disclosed to process credit card transactions. In this case these transactions are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process your order. In addition, we may disclose Information to third parties to verify the authenticity of any financial transaction involving our company or its subsidiaries.
- Linking to Third-Party Website. When you click on links on our Website that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our Website or browsing on your own.
Access to and Managing Your Information.
We believe it is important for you to be able to: (1) find out what Information you have provided to us through our
Website; (2) update your Information; and (3) "opt out" of receiving future Marketing Communications. To inquire
about your Information, update your Information, or "opt" out of receiving future Marketing Communications, please do
one of the following:
- Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to admin [at] saperlaw.com;
- Call us at (312) 527-4100;
- Send us a fax with your request and current contact information at (312) 527-5020; or
- Send a request in writing with your current contact information to: Saper Law Offices, LLC 505 N. LaSalle Suite 350 Chicago, Illinois 60654.
- If you send an e-mail or letter request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address and indicate the specific nature of your request. If you want to "opt in" or "opt out" of receiving Marketing Communications, specifically what type of Marketing Communication (e.g., e-mail or direct mail) you wish to receive or stop receiving. This will ensure we identify you correctly in our systems and accurately process your request. We will take appropriate steps to implement your request, but due to production, mailing and system timelines, it may take up to: 10 business days for e-mails or 30 calendar days for mail. Until that change takes effect, you may still receive or not receive Marketing Communications from us.
- Also, please note that even though you may have "opted out" of receiving Marketing Communications, you may still receive business-related communications. Please be aware that "opting-out" of certain third party use may prevent us from providing certain services that you request.
- What You Need to Do to Protect Your Information. You have several options when deciding how you can best protect your Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it. As stated above, this approach would allow you to still visit our Website, although it will prevent you, for example, from ordering on-line or providing us with your comments or questions relating to our services. The Federal Trade Commission's website, www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally identifiable information provided to a website.
- What to Do About Suspected Violations of This Privacy Statement. If at any time you believe we have not adhered to the policies and principles set forth in this Privacy Statement, please notify us using the contact information provided below. We will make all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond to your concerns.